Volunteering at the Birdsville races
There is no better way to experience an event that to contribute to making it happen. You will find volunteering at the races to be a challenging, rewarding and exciting experience.
We need volunteers from a range of skill and interest areas. You will be fully briefed and safely supported by our team in these roles. Before applying take a look below at the roles we need to fill.
* Video operator – videoing the races for the big screen or race stewards footage
* Hospitality – helping at the Trackside Marquee and other functions: wait and bar staff, dishwashing and clearing tables
* Set up/Pack down crew – Banners, bunting, flags, crowd control barriers and temporary fencing. Suits practical people and ex-tradies.
* Drivers – Moving people and gear between town and the Track (maybe pulling a trailer if you can do that). Chairs, tables, banners, food and beverage supplies.
* Fun Run helpers – marshals, timing desk, drinks
* Marshalling - various roles including parking marshals
* Fashions on the Field - registration desk and marshals
How to apply
Volunteer arrangements for the 2017 Birdsville Races are yet to be determined. Further information on volunteer requirements, benefits and registration will be available early in 2017. Applications for the 2017 volunteers will open 1 February 2017.