2016 RFDS Birdsville races fun run
The Birdsville Race Club, in conjunction with the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) is pleased to present the third annual RFDS Birdsville Races Fun Run.
The event is open to walkers, fun runners and serious runners alike. All participants will get to keep their souvenir runners bib.
All participants are encouraged to create a fundraising page and seek sponsorship and support the RFDS through the Everyday Hero website. Registrations will open on 1 June 2016.
If 100 people can raise $100 each we will reach our $10,000 fundraising target.
Date: Wednesday 31 August 2016
Time: 9.30am (Registration from 8.30am)
Starting point: Birdsville race course
End: Birdsville (adjacent caravan park)
Course distance: 6.5km
Surface: Various (Dirt, concrete and bitumen)
Advice for participants:
* Please ensure you wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
* Bring a hat, sunscreen and plenty of water.
* Take care - go at your own pace. If unwell, slow down, walk or withdraw. Ask marshals for assistance if required.
* We recommend you carry your mobile phone with you
Download our tailored Birdsville Races RFDS Fun Run Training Plan and start training today.
If this doesn't excite you but you still want to be involved you can volunteer to help on the day. Check out www.birdsvilleraces.com/volunteer for more information.
Open male: 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
Open female: 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
TWO STEP REGISTRATION PROCESS
1. REGISTER NOW for the Fun Run. Early bird registration extended to 26 August 2016.
2. Click here to create your Fun Run Everyday Hero Fundraising page and start fundraising.
Registration cost $30 or ($20 for early bird).
The FIRST 5 fundraisers to raise $400 for the RFDS via the Everyday Hero site will win an Altitude FX Travel and Camping Hammock valued at $99.95.
All early bird fundraisers who raise $100 go in the draw to win a Altitude FX Travel and Camping Hammock valued at $99.95.